This was the smoothest theme update from end to end that I’ve ever had. We had no hiccups in review and no major problems.* Maybe I’ll get the hang of this after all.
Down to business.
Twitter Bootstrap was updated to v3.1.1 on February 13th and 3.1 on the 30th of January so I wanted to make sure we got all the latest and greatest included in our theme here. The js, LESS, and default bootstrap.css files were all updated. There were also some typos in my translation strings on a couple files. Thank you to WP user Dyskette for taking the time to point it out.
I’ve also updated the child theme with the updated LESS files.
Bootstrap 3.1 brought us the SASS port so I’m trying to figure out the best way to incorporate that into what we are trying to do here. I’m not sure if I should just make an “add-on” download type of thing or actually include it with the theme itself. Right now the thinking is that including both the SASS and the LESS is going to create too much bloat. In the end I might create an entirely new theme that uses the SASS way. I haven’t decided yet but I feel it is important to make this available.
The Bootstrap Component Plugin
If you have translation files I want them!
I’d like to start compiling a list of translation resources. So if you have taken the time to translate the theme please send them to me danny (at) devdm.com so that we can help the rest of the world and make them available for download.
Child Theme Gallery
I’ve used this theme in a few different production projects now so I’d like to create a “child theme” gallery. I’d like to show people what is possible using DevDmBootstrap3 as a starting point for projects. If you have a project you have made that I could showcase please let me know danny (at) devdm.com.
* So far…
A great deal of my theme users (and WordPress users in general) are in countries where English is not the first spoken language. It was on my list to get this theme translation ready but I didn’t have the knowledge to do so until a while ago. I even had the theme marked as translation ready on the Themes directory but I was mistaken. It wasn’t by any means ready. Well that has all changed. There are now files in the languages folder for you to use as a template for translation. Thank you to the Theme Reviewer jcastaneda for not letting me off the hook for this not being implemented properly.
We have made two other changes.