DevDmBootstrap3

Twitter Bootstrap 3 WordPress Starter Theme for Developers

Home Community Child Theme clean-blog Easiest way to do favicon?

Tagged: 

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  danny 4 years, 6 months ago.

• Author

juliantrueflynn
    Participant

I’ve been editing in the favicon through the header.php file or with this functions.php code:

I will fine the favicon working sometimes on the homepage/WP admin area. Not on single pages/posts. Sometimes on the homepage it switches back to the DevDM circle logo too.

Any thoughts on easiest/correct way to change with this theme?

danny
    Keymaster

Browsers love to cache fav icons. Best to just replace mine entirely to insure it can’t pull any other one. 🙂

danny
    Keymaster

There are a few icons in there “images/icons/” and different browsers/devices look for different ones. I would replace them all with yours.

You could also edit the header.php and strip out all the extra ones I’m calling in there just to be extra sure it is only pulling yours.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 6 months ago by  danny.

juliantrueflynn
    Participant

Hm, do I have to do this in the original theme folders too as well as the child? I’m only doing child.. Still seeing the old favicons even on new computer/clear cache.

Thanks

danny
    Keymaster

Nope the parent theme isn’t even using a fav icon. I have one in there in the image folder but it isn’t being used.

Use this function to load the favicon from your child theme’s folder. I notice your function is trying to load it from the root directory of the WordPress install. I’ve used this on some projects and they are working great.

danny
    Keymaster

If that doesn’t work send me a link to your project. We an figure this out. 🙂

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.