DevDmBootstrap3

Twitter Bootstrap 3 WordPress Starter Theme for Developers

Home Community Tips and Tricks category

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  danny 6 years, 1 month ago.

• Author

Uastyrdzhi
    Participant

Hi, great template framework. Keep up the good work. Here is what I am trying to accomplish: I want to be able to post one selected video feature post on top of all other posts on the feature page. What would the best way to do this? I thought about creating a new category “Video Feature” and then put in some code so that any thing tagged with that category will be featured as top post. Maybe there is a simpler way to do this. Thanks for your help.

• This topic was modified 6 years, 1 month ago by  Uastyrdzhi.

danny
    Keymaster

You could just make the post “sticky” and that would always keep at the top of your post list pages.

Do you have a link I could look at to try and illustrate this more?

Uastyrdzhi
    Participant

Here is the link:
    http://www.infopost.ca/index-e.php

You notice the video post as second post (which should be on top)? From time to time there will be video posts like that one and I am looking for a convenient way to make always make the latest video post to appear on top of all the others that are not video, independent of post dates (except for the video category of course). Thanks for looking into this.

danny
    Keymaster

I really don’t see a reason using the native “sticky” functionality would not work here. Is there some reason it doesn’t that I’m not seeing?

When you edit the post next to Visibility there is an “edit” link that allows you to set this option. This always makes those posts float to the top.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.