DevDmBootstrap3

Twitter Bootstrap 3 WordPress Starter Theme for Developers

Home Community Support Navbar aria-expanded= false not switching to true

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  kristianpayne 3 years, 11 months ago.

• Author

kristianpayne
    Participant

Hi guys.
    Because of security I do not have an example to show you at this moment! But the issue is that a menu-item in the navbar should work as a dropdown because of child-items (subpages).
    But when I click on the dropdown, the aria-expanded is not switching from false to true. The result is, that the dropdown isn’t working… if it is me who have “f..beeep” something up, I do not know! I’ve been trying to troubleshoot and fix this for 2 days now… anyone have the same issue out there? – Or anyone who knows what seems to be the problem or fix? Thanks anyway – for glory.

danny
    Keymaster

If you use your browsers inspector tool what does the JavaScript console say? Does it indicate there are any errors?

kristianpayne
    Participant

Hi Danny ‘a k a’ Lucky Luke… thank you for your rapid reply.
    The only thing I get in the console is:
    Error: Permission denied to access property "toString"
    I also get a warning, which translated into English is: Invalid URI. Loading multimedia-resource failed.

Could it somehow be any plugin or so, that is guilty?

danny
    Keymaster

Lucky Luke is a new one for me. 😛

Yea a plugin conflict is what I was thinking. So that toString error could wrench up everything. Does it say what file is throwing that error? It could give a clue as to what plugin is having the problem.

kristianpayne
    Participant

After going through all the plugins I have found the guilty one!!! Woohooo…
    For your information it is the plugin ‘Bootstrap Shortcodes’ https://github.com/TheWebShop/bootstrap-shortcodes that causes the problem!

Thank you for your time Danny – I hope peeps will see this post if they are having the same issue 😀

danny
    Keymaster

Okay that makes more sense. Some of those bootstrap shortcode plugins double load the assets which can cause some problems.

I use this one https://wordpress.org/plugins/bootstrap-shortcodes/ it has a setting to disable them including the assets and use the theme provide bootstrap scripts.

I’m using it on a few sites actually. Might be the same one you are. 🙂

Glad it got sorted out!

kristianpayne
    Participant

Yup… thats the same plugin. I just haven’t seen or even thought about changing any settings here. So again thanks :O)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.